Today we had a killer time celebrating the day of Mothers! We pretty much used a typical approach for an atypical Mom. Breakfast in bed, gifts, kisses, and stuff. One thing is for sure here in P-A-T-A-S-K-A-L-A we love mom! A few quotes from the day.
Kevin: "I'm glad I'm the one who saw her in those purple spandex! (1995 not 1985) It was like a bug being sucked into a bug zapper! For me it's still electrifying with random zaps and explosions."
Brayden 9 yrs: "She's pretty, um she helps me, um um well, um oh I, she's the best!"
Saydria 7 yrs: "I love my mom b'cause she takes care of me and she's sooooo pretty!! And I respect her today b'cause it's mother's day."
Kai 4 yrs: "Because she's so good to me, she makes me good breakfast all the time and she's so beautiful."
Cole 2 yrs: "I don't know, NO!! hair, NO!! NO!! Hey, stop it Brayden" We're sure he loves her too and thinks she's pretty.
16 comments:
For the record, I've never owned purple spandex, or even borrowed them. He's been telling this story since the day we were married and I keep telling him he saw someone else.
At least it's been well established that you are a babe!
Happy Mother's Day Steph!
I thought that might have been Kevin who posted that, LOL. Hilarious. Steph.....SO NOT FAIR, you look great in the morning! I'd slap Derrick if he posted a picture of me first thing like that. You are so beautiful, Kai is right :) Loved the post.
What a cute post and picture! Happy Mother's Day, Stephanie!
Purple spandex, is there a photo?
Cute photo, the kids look cute and you look very lovely :)
You are such a great mom and your kids are certainly lucky to have you!!!
So cute!!! I love the picture and the quotes.
PS--I am sure that I have been a wearer of purple spandex in my awesome 80's and 90's past. Way cool!
LOL, I love everything that was said to you on MD.
PS, how are Dan and Tiffany doing?? We weren't there Sun and just heard from Alba that they had their baby...i hope that all is well!
Seriously - you are gorgeous. We can all imagine you in purple spandex after a morning picture like that! What a great family you have.
What a cute post from your hubby! You have a lovely family!
I think I remember you in purple spandex, or maybe it was mine that you borrowed. Anyway that was too funny. I love the video of your guy singing his ABC's, that was just so cute.
Hahaha! I love your purple spandex disclaimer!
What a sweet post! I love all the things your family said about you!
Out of the mouth of babes!
That was too funny! But very obvious that you are well-loved and one hot mama. Don't ya love that even on bad hair days your kids tell you that you're gorgeous. And since we all know kids tell it like it is, that really should be the biggest self-esteem booster!
Happy Mother's Day, glad your day rocked. I'll bet you even resurrected your purple spandex...ya, I know you aren't claiming them-I don't buy it!
Thanks! Matt got accepted to Teach for America (it's an Americorps program) and he's going to be teaching elementary school there for the next 2 years. He's really excited about it, and started a blog just to focus on his time there.
The address is http://somedayallblogs.wordpress.com/ and while there aren't many entries up now, he starts training in about 3 weeks, so he'll be writing a lot more soon.
Your family is so beautiful!
Post a Comment