
We went to our friend's house, who also happens to be our Bishop, and made apple cider with the kids. Our kids love going to Bishop's house because of all the room to run and fun stuff to do. They love the cows, of course. This was in between picking apples, Cole kept making his way to the cows (they were right next to the apple orchard) and loved just watching them eat.

This was just after we had a BBQ. The kids love trying to catch little fish or frogs usually, but there weren't many since it was chilly. One year, Brayden fell into the pond (just up to his knees) but the kids have still not let him live it down. Every time he gets near the pond, they warn him not to fall in! Even Cole warns him, but Cole wasn't even born at the time that it happened! :)

We finally finished! We made a total of 15 gallons of apple cider!

Brayden cranking the cider press to chop up the apples. Our friends daughter Darla, holding up Cole so he can throw his apple in the press. Everyone except Cole was able to take a turn cranking the press.

Brayden with some of the apples. We filled it to the rim and even had several more bushels after that. We just took turns climbing trees and shaking down lots of apples! We sure do love apple cider!!
9 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous!! Looks like so much fun! What great pictures too. Bishop's house is awesome!
That looks like SUCH a fun day! :) I love apple cider! Fresh as that mush taste amazing! Lucky ducks!
YUM! I've never really been a fan of HOT cider, but I like it cold! It looks like you guys had lots of fun!
It was yummy! Thanx a bunch!
That looks like so much fun. You guys have some great friends. What a fun memory for your kids to have.
How fun! I've never been to the bishop's place, only heard the rave reviews about it!
Wow great job on the apple cider! That is one cool apple press, we sure could use one of those. Grandma got tons of apples this year. I am sure 2010 will be a great year for your garden. This is our fifth year trying and we finally got some tricks that seemed to work. I didn't know Kevin was in school right now. I must have missed that. Glad to hear that is almost done. Loved Saydria's hair it is so pretty all curled.
How fun and a lot of work. Love the Napoleon Dynamite song!
Yummy....that apple cider looks SO good!!
Post a Comment