Monday, September 20, 2010

camping/boating


We went to Sand Hollow in Hurricane/St. George area this weekend and camped on Friday night. We ended up sleeping in the boat since it was such a beautiful night! Saturday morning, we weren't able go on the water until 10AM because of a triathlon going on. I went to the water to check it out around 7AM and I ran into some friends who were competing! It was pretty cool! So, we were the first ones on the water and the last ones off (around 8PM) and had such a fun time. We did take a few breaks...one to play on the beach and grill up some dinner...and some 5 minute breaks to jump in the water and play when we got hot. It was 100 degrees, but felt like 85 since we had a nice breeze and no humidity.
As for the boarding, I stink at the knee board, but everyone else is really good at it. I was the only one that used the skiis, apparently they are not cool anymore, but I used them as a kid, so it's what I know. It was fun to watch the guys and Brayden do the wake board and wake skate and also wake surf. I really liked wake surfing! It's easier than what I thought it would be. Here's a picture of Cole wake surfing with cousin Cliff. I took a few pics of them, but didn't take one after he threw the rope on the boat and surfed, but that's what you do when you surf the wake. Cole loved it!
We visited my parents in Hurricane after we were done boating. We spent the night and went to church with them. It was nice to see them again and the kids had a fun time playing there also. Grandpa took Kevin and the boys out so Brayden could show off his skills at shooting a gun. (He was 3 out of 3 every time at shooting clay pigeons at Kevin's parents place a few weeks ago). He had a great time with Grandpa!
We close on our new home today, so we are looking forward to another move. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh wow, that sounds absolutely heavenly! What beautiful weather and great vacation.

Dan said...

Good luck with moving again...except this time it will be more fun because you're moving into an amazing house. (I want pics!) I'm super jealous of your vacation. Glad you had fun. We missed you guys yesterday when we ate dinner at the Nelson's. :(

Jessica said...

yeah on closing on the new house! I can't wait to find out where it is your moving to exactly (address/subdivision). Looks like you had a wonderful weekend and the weather sounds perfect! Sorry about having to move again, but exciting to be settled.