Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Unfortunately?

This is a snippit of a conversation I had with Cole one morning recently:

Me: "Cole, did you finish your breakfast already?"
Cole: "I didn't, Mom, unfortunately."


Lately, Kai makes and illustrates books every morning after breakfast. His first one was "All About Stuff", written and illustrated by Kai. Written on the pages were "This is the beach. This is the desert. This is a bus. This is a house." He took it to school and his teacher read it to the class and put it in their reading castle for all the kids to read. He was so excited about it, he's made more: "All About Karate", "All About Me", more "All About Stuff". His Karate book is cute. It says on one page, "This is the dangerous kick. You should only do this in black belt."

We spoke in church last week. Kevin spoke on the power of prayer and I spoke on gratitude. There was supposed to be a youth speaker that week, but they didn't end up having one for whatever reason. We managed to fill the time though. Our ward is huge so we should be good for a few years, at least that's what I'm telling myself. Afterwards, we went to my brother's house in Tooele for dinner with his family and also my sister's family. We've been rotating hosting Sunday dinner once a month. It's been working out nicely and we've been enjoying it.

We hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

slopsemafamily said...

sounds like so much fun! tell Heidi I said hi and Bud too!

Dan said...

Go Kai! You guys are awesome. :)