Our mantle is kinda high up so I was looking for ideas on hanging the stockings. I made these last year, last minute and haven't made new ones yet...I will eventually. :) I'm not crazy about these at all (don't look closely) but the kids love them because I let them pick out the color felt they wanted. So, I used some hooks for "over the door" and pounded them flat on the top so they could just sit on there. Then, I wrapped bricks with batting and then with Christmas wrapping paper and set them on the flat part of the hooks to hold them. So, they are a cheap, kinda cute way to make stocking hangers. The kids just wanted them hung up so I had to do something in a hurry for now. I have big dreams for making some darling stockings. Give me til next year. I have stuff going on and really, the kids just want them full. :)
Friday, December 9, 2011
Stockings are hung by the chimney with care...
Our mantle is kinda high up so I was looking for ideas on hanging the stockings. I made these last year, last minute and haven't made new ones yet...I will eventually. :) I'm not crazy about these at all (don't look closely) but the kids love them because I let them pick out the color felt they wanted. So, I used some hooks for "over the door" and pounded them flat on the top so they could just sit on there. Then, I wrapped bricks with batting and then with Christmas wrapping paper and set them on the flat part of the hooks to hold them. So, they are a cheap, kinda cute way to make stocking hangers. The kids just wanted them hung up so I had to do something in a hurry for now. I have big dreams for making some darling stockings. Give me til next year. I have stuff going on and really, the kids just want them full. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment