This is from my friend Amy. I'm wondering if you have the same memory of me?! My memories may have easily gotten warped since then. :)
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together, or one of the first memories you have of me. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
8 comments:
One memory I have of you was when we first met, I was so happy that you had a little someone for Elena to play with. You were so laid back and it was so great to be able to hang with you guys. Then of course, the most profound memory is of Elena and Brayden yelling across the playground at each other. Man I sure miss TVA days. So easy going and fun!
I remember having so much fun cheering with you in high school. You ALWAYS had a huge smile on your face...AND you were by far the nicest girl in your class (ha ha!:)
Can't wait to see what kind of memory you have about me AND I can't believe that I haven't seen you in over 10 years...that's crazy!
Unfortunately I don't have a blog for you to comment on. But here is the first memory I have of meeting you...(some of it might be slightly made up).
It was a cold wednesday night near the end of February, and all the girls ages 12-18 were gathered together for a "spa" night activity. The evening progressed successfully; the girls had finished buffing their own nails and moved on to pampering their leaders. Chairs were shuffled into a line and seats were taken. I moved to my position behind the first chair, looked down, and saw the top of a head I did no recognize. It was crowned with the rich dark hair of a very beautiful and very pregnant woman; our new leader, Stephanie Christensen. As I massaged her scalp and we discussed politics and art, a special friendship was forged. That night was the begining of the rest of my life.
I wish my memory were better. I remember going on that date with you and Bud (Were you guys related some how?) one night and then with Hyrum the next. Both nights were so much fun. Do you remember being on button patrol because my stupid dress had buttons all down the back that would come undone? My general first impression was that you were a great person and lots of fun to be around. I just wish that we had met sooner in my college years and hung out more.
I remember knowing who you were our first year at Ricks but didn't know much about you. Our second year we roomed together and just seemed to hit it off immediately. I remember thinking how nice you were and how I loved your long, long eyelashes...still do. You are a person that I know I will forever stay in touch with and would miss if we didn't. Love you, Mephanie!
I remember you guys moving into our ward at BYU-H. Your little family was so cute. I remember that Brayden and Nic were fairly close in age. And, it was fun to watch Brayden and see what Nic would be doing in a few months. I remember wishing you guys would have moved in sooner, so we would have had more time to get to know you. As it is, it has been fun to stay in touch and see how your beautiful family has grown. You are a great little mom! (I hope one day we will see you guys again).
Stephanie,
I have a memory of you. I remember helping you run for student body president and Ricks College. I remember doing the skit on stage to "the futures so hot, I've got to wear shades". we searched high and low for that song before you finally requested it on the radio and we recorded it. That was stressful. I remember staying up way late making signs for your campaign. That was a lot of fun. I look back at Ricks and have so many good memories.
I think you were the Subway girl. Did you used to work there in Hawaii. Kai's friends used to always talk about this nice cute subway girl-was it you???
Yes I remember meeting you in Sped, but what stands out the most to me is what an amazing mother you were to Brayden. I learned a lot about parenting by watchng you. It seems like Brayden was always telling us this mouthful of information that you had just taught him. I was always so impressed. I also remember that you and I had the same pair of pants from old navy. Well, mine were capris and yours were pants because of our hieght difference.
Sometimes I think it would be fun to be back in TVA.
Post a Comment