Friday, November 28, 2008

Kalahari

Kevin on the 2nd floor of the ball pit thing shooting his buddy Dale. I saw Kevin shielding himself at one point with Dale's daughter Elle...they were sweating in the elevator after we were done playing in there.
Kai and Cole snuggling before bed.

The kids watching Kung Fu Panda.

This is Brayden shredding...at the Kalahari Resort. :) The past few years we've gone to Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark hotel) for a few days at Thanksgiving and this year, we tried out the Kalahari Resort. Pretty much the same thing, only it was WAY BIGGER. We've met up with our friends every year there and had adjoining rooms so all the kids can have free reign of the joint, but this year we did a combo room that slept 12 of us and was basically like a large apartment with bedrooms, it was fun. Kai loved the fireplace, Saydria loved the jetted tub and we set up the projector for the kids to watch a movie on the wall (after a little rearranging of the furniture.) The waterpark has a wavepool and the flowrider (they actually had 2) and it's open from 9am to 10pm, so you can run yourself pretty ragged for a few days and it's a pretty awesome feeling. They bring in animals and you can get your picture taken with them. We saw a baby kangaroo and a baby tiger, but we didn't pay the $$ to get pics with them...plus, I had bed head still. :) But they were fun to see.


9 comments:

The Robisons said...

Wow...how much fun! I hope that you guys had a great Thanksgiving...it sure sound like you did!

Adam, Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren said...

WOW.....looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Amanda B. said...

What an awesome trip!!! :)

J. Baxter said...

We stayed at a hotel on the beach last year with my SIL, and I loved it. If we could have done it again this year, we totally would have! Looks like you guys had a blast!

And yes, I really did eat only dessert. How can you doubt me?

slopsemafamily said...

I wondered what you did for Thanksgiving this year! Glad to hear it was so much fun! Where is it located?

Lane family said...

I just posted a picture of Kevin using Elle as a shield. I'm making you a disk of a few pictures. I'll send it this week with the check. Thanks again for 4 awesome years of Thanksgiving! We'll definitely miss you guys.

EmHy said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great family tradition. Something that makes such good memories. Thanks for the tag, I'll try and do it sometime soon.

Jessica said...

That looks like heaps of fun! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving! Cute pictures of the kids.

Autumn said...

What a great idea!! how fun.