
Kevin and Cole decided to make homemade chicken noodle soup, except they decided to color the noodles green...and use cookie cutters instead of the regular noodles like MOM does. And you know what Kevin did after they finished rolling out the pasta dough? Looked online for a pasta press. Yeah, it's hard work!!! I think he appreciates my homemade noodles even more now. :)

Cole and I made wheat crust pizza for the first time in a very long time. I don't think I've made wheat pizza crust since we've been married. The last time I made it was in college. I had a picture of Cole rolling it out, but I deleted it instead of added it. Cole loves helping in the kitchen. He even decorated one pizza all by himself. :)

These are not in order, but here's some strawberry pies we made since strawberries were on sale!!! We love strawberry pies here, but we took one to our Bishop's family so they could enjoy one also.

This is Cole putting the cut-up strawberries into the mix. He loved that he could pretty much do it all. It's such an easy pie to make.

This is a picture of him as we started making the pizza dough. Definitely a good helper!! I love this little guy!!
Here's the recipe to the chocolate cookies I posted a picture of earlier:
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
12 large marshmallows, cut in 1/2 horizonally. I didn't have any, so I used 4 little ones on top of each cookie.
In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture until combined well.
Drop onto cookie sheet and bake about 9 min.
Remove from oven and place marshmallow cut-side down in the center of cookies, press lightly. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows begin to melt, about 2 min. Cool on wire rack completely before frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
2 c. confectioners sugar
4 T. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. milk
1/4 t. vanilla
Squeeze or spread over cookies how you like! Enjoy!!
5 comments:
I'm impressed with your cooking/baking skills, Steph! Everything looks yummy. Wish you lived closer!!
Yum! I am drooling over the strawberry pies. Strawberries are on sale here too, I'll have to make one. Do you have a link to your recipe?
HOMEMADE NOODLES?!??!!? You're an animal!!!!!! I can't wait to try that strawberry pie recipe too!
Steph! Thanks for the cookie recipe and all of the other super yummy looking treats. I love the bowling post, great family fun it is.
WOW homemade noodles??? I am so impressed. Everything looked so delicious!!!
Post a Comment