This was a pony express rider from Havasu Village coming through the canyon with mail horses! Pretty cool!
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Havasu Hike!!
Kevin, Brayden and I hiked down the Grand Canyon! It was a 20 mile hike round trip, plus we hiked further down to another waterfall called Moony Falls. I feared for my life on that hike, but alas, survived. We started our hike down the canyon at 4 AM and made it to the village around 6 or 7 AM, and it's another mile and a half in SAND to the campground! That was hard, but so worth it. We even saw a little LDS chapel in the village, which was pretty cool. I will post more pics later, but here's what I am uploading for now.

This was a pony express rider from Havasu Village coming through the canyon with mail horses! Pretty cool!
It was getting light finally!!
Sweet view of canyon walls with my even sweeter hubbo bubbo.
6.5 miles to the village feels so good! (Felt really good to take off headlamp and be done with switchbacks down the canyon...I tried not to think about having to go back up them afterwards.)
4 AM at the trailhead. Brayden and I packed hammocks to sleep in, Kevin packed bedding. Ouch. :) There were a total of 24 of us that went in our group, 16 of us paid to have horses pack our backpacks out...not including this family! We hiked our own stuff out!! What an awesome adventure! Brayden was definitely the youngest camper we saw there, but he is tough and hiked some serious terrain without a hitch. I hope we can take our whole family as the kids get older!! Highly recommend this hike!!
This was a pony express rider from Havasu Village coming through the canyon with mail horses! Pretty cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip! Beautiful pics too!
That sounds like quite an adventure! I didn't realize that Brayden was going with you! How fun for all of you!
It was good to see you again in Manti . . . what are we doing next month?:)
That looks amazing! So awesome that Brayden did it too! Can you believe he is 12? I can't believe our kids are so big already!
Post a Comment