Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Waterfalls of Havasupai!!!

This is Brayden jumping off a rock. There were lots of people who tried to climb the rock and we saw quite a few who couldn't do it, it's really slick and the reaches are hard. He tried the first few times and was really bummed that he couldn't climb it. Then he gave it another go after a few hours and did it!!...over and over!!


These are some other falls that are about an hour from our campground. We stopped here and played in the water on our hike out of the canyon. That's Brayden just as he's jumping down!



This is Kevin and Brayden as we are hiking out. We kept a pretty good 4 mph pace all the way out, I was really hoping we'd be out of there before it got dark, but once it got dark, it got dark fast!



Brayden climbing the rock so he could jump into the falls. (These are out of order.)





Kevin jumping off the rock into the falls!!




This is in front of Mooney Falls. It was a huge waterfall and it was a crazy hike down the canyon, but so worth it! If you go to Havasupai, you have to go to Mooney!! We walked down along the river and found some beautiful picturesque waterfalls (I left my camera with my shorts at Mooney Falls) and we even found a great spot with a rope swing! We spent a few hours playing at the other spots and I kept thinking about my stinking camera in my shorts!!




We tried to get all of Mooney Falls in this shot, but this is what we got. It was just so pretty!!





This is how we slept in the campground. And I thought Kevin didn't know how to use my camera! At least I wasn't sleeping in my underwear this time. This was shortly after we made it to camp and everyone was setting up hammocks, etc. I set mine up quick and took a power nap.





This was a fun waterfall that lots of us played at most of the time. There were smaller falls all along down the river and we jumped in and some of us did flips, etc. It made us all feel like kids again!





Me and my Honey on our way into camp. This is the same falls we stopped at to play in on our way out!!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Steph it's so beautiful. How fun that you got to go see those falls. You're so cute when you're sleeping! ;) I miss you like crazy!

Nancy K said...

K-seriously those pictures are BREATHTAKING!!!! So cool!

Amy said...

Now that is the kind of camping trip that I want to take! A-mazing!

Cassie and Chad said...

What a blast!!! I have always wanted to hike to Havasupi. Your pictures are awesome.