Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Potato Spinach Soup

I keep meaning to share this recipe because it's a quick and easy one and it's delicious. It's from the vitamix recipe book, but you could make it with any blender.

1 c. chicken broth
1.5 c. skim milk
1/2 small onion, peeled (I slice it and saute with chicken)
3 medium potatoes, baked or boiled (with or without skin)
1/8 t. dried rosemary
1 T. spinach (I throw in a handful)
5 ounces cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks.
salt and pepper to taste

Blend broth, milk, onion, 2 of the potatoes and rosemary in blender til smooth. Add spinach and reserved potato and blend until chopped. Drop in chicken and blend for an additional few seconds until chopped the way you like it.

I tripled this recipe for today because I'm taking it to a dinner this evening, but our family loves it also.

No comments: