Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Idaho

Kevin rockin' his heart out at Jody and Kieth's house. We spent Christmas Eve at their place with all 11 kids and Jody (Kev's youngest sister) had to have surgery, poor thing! Kev's sister Jen is behind him and Jody is under the blanket. We headed to McCall on Christmas day and stayed at the cabin for a couple nights...pictures to come of that later.
Saydria with her cousins Shaeleigh and Jensyn. They had so much fun together, as you can see. :) I caught them playing dress up in the basement and being all kinds of girly!
Brayden with his little cousin Merek. He reminded me of when Brayden was a baby. Quiet and very smiley! He's a sweet little baby and my kids loved holding him and giving him their full attention.
Kai helping feed cows in one of Grandpa Christensen's fields. We fed cows in 3 fields that day. I only went one day to "help out" er, take pictures. :)
Cole is in heaven because he got to sit on Kevin's lap while we were in the field rather than be in his carseat. I just love his cute little smile!
We also visited UT, so I'll post pictures of all that later. We hope everyone had a really nice Christmas and a fun New Year! My Christmas cards arrived in the mail the day we left for Idaho and I wasn't in the mailing mood while we were out there, so I'm slowly getting some out as of now! And, I didn't order as many as I think I needed, so I might have to draw stick figures of our family on construction paper for those of you towards the end of my address book. :)

8 comments:

EmHy said...

Oh looks like you had a great time. Wasn't the snow something? Did you have any scary driving stories, if you traveled to Utah from Idaho?

EmHy said...

I forgot to put in the post before, if you are ever up our way and need a place to stay you are welcome at my house!

Brandy said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your pics! You guys did so many things, sounds like an awesome trip!

Kelly said...

How fun to get to travel to a farm for Christmas! Looks like your kids loved it. Good job helping, er, taking pictures.

Amy said...

I love Cole's little smile too! Merek was one of the names we liked for a boy. I have never heard anyone else named it though!

Saydria is so cute playing dress up! I am glad you had fun. We'll stay tuned for the next pictures.

P.S. I love your idea of stick figures! We can never take a good family picture.

J. Baxter said...

Nothing like fun on the farm anytime, I say! And if you ever come here, I'll take you to my parents and make sure you do more than just take pictures!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:)

slopsemafamily said...

I have missed reading my Meph's posts over break. I finally located you via Heidi's blog first. Didn't even know you were heading west for Christmas. Did you fly or drive? I hope the latter! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. WE need to start planning a spring get together!

Love you!

Jen said...

I love the pictures of feeding the cows. That is one of Nic's very favorite things to do in the world. The girly, girl pictures are great too. What fun memories the kids will have.