Friday, April 3, 2009

Post Op & Stuff

Kids eating lunch at zoo.
Loving this waterfall at Asia Quest. It was so tranquil for them, I guess.


This was fun for Kevin. Before Brayden went into surgery, he got to go into a little "store" and pick out anything he wanted, and this squishy ball was his pick. He did good because it entertained Kevin for a little while, too. :)

Brayden's surgery took about an hour and then he spent an hour in recovery. He's smelling the root beer flavor that they put in his gas mask. He had this tube coming out of his neck that was draining the acid and other cyst stuff into a bag that we later strapped around him. We took him back on Thursday and it was removed. He didn't even feel the removal of the tube, but it was really cool.


This is Brayden before the surgery. I couldn't get these to upload in the right order. Thank you for all the well-wishes everyone. We appreciate all the phone calls, notes and dinner offers. :) (We were done by noon, so we were thankful it was quick!)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm glad you updated us. I was just wondering about Brayden the other day. I'm glad the surgery went so well. What a relief!

J. Baxter said...

What a trooper! I'm sure you're glad that's over with.

Braziers said...

We are glad to hear the surgery went well! Every time we look at yoru blog it is amazing to see how big the kids are getting! How is school going for Kevin? We love y'all!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Happy everything went well.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Surgery is never fun... but it looks like all went well. Wonderful news. You are so calm and collected about it (at least on line)... hope his recovery is equally smooth.

Amy said...

I feel horrible that I am just finding out now!That teach me to slack in the blogging world. I am glad it went well.

Kami said...

I am glad everything went well I too had been slacking in blogging. Better late then never. God speed.