Monday, March 30, 2009
The Cyst!
Tomorrow morning we are taking Brayden to Nationwide Children's Hospital where he will have a fluid-filled cyst removed from his neck. We found it about a month and a half ago and since then, we've had consultations, multiple x-rays and more consultations. It's finally being removed and we are just relieved to finally have this over with! He's not in pain, although the day we discovered it, he had a neck pain and when he moved his head to one side, I happened to notice it. Since then, he's had no pain and he's just bummed that they don't have to cut him open to remove it. They will use general anesthesia for the process, so he's a little excited about that. Obviously, he's never experienced anything like this and so he's unaware of the post-op blues. :) I will be sure and bring the camera so I can snap a picture of him in his gown before her goes under. I'll be sure and keep everyone posted on how it all goes. Please keep him in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
we'll keep him in our prayers tonight. i had a few surgeries there growing up and it's a really great hospital. if brayden asks, they'll probably let him keep his oxygen mask as a souvenir b/c it just gets thrown away later. i have mine from my last surgery b/c my dad thought to ask. also, they have the best chocolate chip cookies with their meals if he's staying overnight.
We will definitely keep him in our prayers! We have been through a similar instance with Elena when she wasn't quite a year old. Hope everything goes well.
I'll definitely be thinking of you!!
You are in our prayers!
I hope all goes well. It is so scarey to have a child put under anth. no matter what it is for. That is so funny that he was bummed about "no surgery". Jen C.
I had no idea! I called my dumb husband to tell him, and he said, "Yeah. I know." I guess I'm outa the loop! Good luck Brayden... (even though it's probably all over by now.) I hope you get a super cool scar- so you can tell people it's a shark bite!
Hang in there Steph- It's never fun to have a kid in the hospital. I'm sure everything will go perfectly. I'll be watching for the update.
Also- thanks for the package. Someday we will leave your house with everything!
Oh my...I'm just now getting caught up on reading blogs. I hope that everything went well with getting the cyst removed. I had one removed in my wrist before and it was a bit painful! Let us know how it went!
Post a Comment