Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lately...

Here's some pics of the kids recently. Brayden reading a good book at bedtime. He shreds through a book a night, but this one is a triple-decker compilation of his favorite series for the time being. We are going to have to start a new series soon because he's just about done with this one.

Saydria built a working fan at a children's museum. As soon as she saw the things that Brayden was creating, she decided to give it a try with Mom. This was more work than playing grocery store and used more critical thinking skills than watching the glass blower in the next room, and definitely more satisfying than mixing paints to make more colors. She was amazed that it worked!
Here is Cole enjoying a bath! He races for the bathroom as soon as he hears the word. Brayden has started spelling it around him so that he doesn't end up bathing with a baby in tow.
Brayden and Kevin built a new treasure box. This one has a secret compartment, I cannot divulge the specifics about it. I fear that I have already done damage by even mentioning the secret compartment. Momma burned his initials into the front of it and I must say, it looks like the job of a paid professional. :) Brayden stained it a beautiful oak color and then he and Dad attached some leather handles to each side. It's definitely a treasure. I'll post the finished product later. (Along with those lava lava quilts, I know, I know.)


Brayden made a working radio at the children's museum. He also created an alarm and the fan. The scientist didn't want to leave this station all day. It was definitely his favorite. He was excited that we ran into his teacher and her daughter at the museum on this day also!

6 comments:

slopsemafamily said...

What creative kids you have! About Cole and the baths....it sounds like Sawyer! Can't wait to see you!

Lane family said...

Man you guys have been busy! Looks like fun! Brayden may like the Tennis Shoes series by Chris Himerdinger. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) It will take him a little longer to finish- but they are really good! You can get them at deseret book.

My Many Coloured Days said...

What smart kiddos! You've got a good mold. I wouldn't be surpised if Cole learns to spell BATH pretty soon!

Braziers said...

Lookin great!!! Saydria is getting to look more and more like you Steph. I am predicting that the first LDS President of the U.S.A come from your home! :)

Nancy K said...

Hi! It is Nancy Kirk. Becca left a comment for me from you. The wonderful thing about blogs is catching up with people! Email me at nancyhkirk@yahoo.com (remember the h) and I will send you an invite to my blog. Your family is absolutely darling!!!!

Patria said...

thanks for the comment on our blog! your blog is very cute- great family photos and updates- fun to find! aloha- patria