Friday, October 17, 2008

Brayden's latest adventure...

Brayden fell off the trampoline...he was swinging off the bars that hold the net...so lesson learned. He's been told time and time again not to do it. This is why. It happened on a Tuesday evening and we iced it and he was gaining more movement in it and he didn't seem to have much pain from it. He even shot a basket with his friend Tyler that same evening! (It hurt him a little though.) It wasn't swollen and we decided to see how it was in the morning. By morning, he said he was fine but we told him we'd take him to the doctor anyway just to be sure. He said he wanted to wait until after school so that he could get perfect attendance. Nice. After school we took him to the doctor and I've never seen a little boy be so excited about getting a cast.
We took him to his 1 week orthopedic appointmet. The doctor said it was healing well and they could shorten the cast so that he could move his elbow. Oh, I had to take him out of school 30 minutes early, you know what that means? No perfect attendance award. :( He's okay, no need to call.
Here's his new shortened cast. He's sitting in the dining room texting Uncle Trent about elves and hobbits. He will get this cast removed on November 5...missing another 30 minutes of school, so no perfect attendance next quarter either! (He's never been concerned about this perfect attendance thing in the past, I think it's just one more award to collect and so it's just fun!)

7 comments:

Lane family said...

WHAT?! Good thing he's getting it off before Great Wolf Lodge! Leave it to Brayden to act like a broken arm is a scraped knee. At least they were able to shorten the cast. I heard those things itch like crazy. Won't it be nice when we have a house- so that some of the accidents can happen at our house instead?! I predict Crew will have the next cast... Oh the humanity!

slopsemafamily said...

Amazed that his pain tolerance is so high that he was able to make it through school an entire day without any issues. Emerson is trying for perfect attendance also..I don't think we will make it since Erica's baby is due soon and we are on the help list for the older kids.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Wow, I can't believe he is smiling in these pictures!!! That is too funny about the attendance thing... personally I think the schools try to brainwash the kids with so many silly trifles. Regardless, he's pretty responsible!

J. Baxter said...

So glad that if he had to break his arm he did it in winter! Summer casts spoil ALL the fun. Hope he gets it off soon - although it doesn't look like he minds it too much:)

heidi said...

At least it looks cool!!!
What a trooper! Dang tramp, huh?
It was great to talk to you yesterday!
Love you!

EmHy said...

Yeah what a trooper, he held out so long. Good thing you took him to the doctor just in case. The perfect attendance is a shame, JK!! Thanks for your nice compliments on my blog. You are too funny.

Adam, Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren said...

Those darn trampolines...and no perfect attendance award, RATS!! I like the looks of that cast, though!!