Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hocking Hills

This was from our trip to Hocking Hills. It was a quick day trip since they were booked up for over-nighters. We hiked around 4 miles that day and found some fun caves and trickling waterfalls. (We hear the waterfalls are usually pretty awesome, but we had been without water for about a month.) This was a rock that we passed on the hike and the kids loved climbing the vine and sliding down...they had dirty bums! I had them wear their trunks/swimsuit just in case we found some great waterpools...and we did! Kai, Brayden and Saydria in Old Man's Cave. This wasn't much of a cave, but it was a huge space and the view looking out from the cave was beautiful.
Cole had a good time in the pack most of the time. He hiked a little and played in the water also, but had a fun time playing with Kevin's head and watching the kids act silly every time we came to a bridge. (We pretended there were trolls living under them and we kept trying to wake them up!)
Cole and Kevin all smiles. Kai is ready to keep moving!!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

What a fun family adventure~ You guys are so cute!

Cassie and Chad said...

That looks like so much fun and hello you look amazing!!!!!

Amanda B. said...

I love hocking hills- we just went there in August for our anniversary and we were thinking we should go back with the kids sometime. What a blast! :) Loved the post about your hubby- I think you are both lucky :)

Jessica said...

It is so pretty there! Looks like lots of fun! We miss hiking. It is still pretty hot here so no hiking yet.

Amy said...

that looks like so much fun!! I want to go to the hocking hill and slide down rocks and play in pools. That was also a very sweet post about Kevin. I am glad you are felling better.

Kelly said...

I love all the stuff your family does-how FUN!! Steph, I loved seeing the picture of you, you look just the same as in college-even after 4 kids! Awesome girl.

Adam, Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip! You look great, Stephanie!

Braziers said...

Wow! Brayden looks sooo tall, he is growing up! The family looks soo good! We love you!