Friday, June 13, 2008

Agency

So, I'm not a big time "blogger" if you will, I created this blog so that I could stay in touch with my fans (: and keep in touch with friends from stinkin' all over the world. I really try not to write about my personal opinions and deep thoughts because (1) I'd have no one caring to visit my site; (2) people would think I was crazy; (3) I may get threatening comments, that's why I don't allow anonymous bloggers, I guess... but I do feel a little compelled to share a story that was on the foxnews homepage. Here's the link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365849,00.html

I feel thankful to not live in, around or even remotely close to this place. Seriously, is it necessary to have a law for everything, including what type of swimsuit you wear? Personally, I try to teach my kids a little modesty, knowing full well that they will be exposed to people who could care less, and I have some confidence that my kids will stick to what they know, for now. In the end it's their choice. To me, it's like teaching them not to do drugs or drink alcohol. They will know plenty of people in their life who choose to do those things, but it's their choice! Holy cow, just let them wear bikinis, right? Plus, I know some of you Utah girls look smokin' in a bikini. Right P90X? :) ha ha!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Steph, it was so good reading through all of your family's doings the last little while. You guys stay busy! The Science place you visit looks so cool, I wish there were a place like that here. About 'no bikinis utah' Ha! Wasn't that crazy, what city council seriously tries to dictate so strictly on people's lives? Oh well, liberal-as-can-be Olympia would never get away with that!

Lane family said...

Amen sista! I for one, could handle more of your deep thoughts. I find you terribly interesting- and I wouldn't get at all bored!

Jen said...

That'a pretty funny... I live here in Utah and had no idea. I didn't know you could have a law like that. We all know deep down we all would like to look "smokin" in a bikini right? I also had a laugh at the video clip you e-mailed us about the two girls who stole from the girl scouts. That was so jaw dropping. Thanks for the fun info.

annie valentine said...

I think the law is great. In fact, I think they should also pass a law against Diet Coke, watching Desperate Housewives, coffee beans in general, all Sunday sporting events, and Santa. Then it would be a perfect world.

Patria said...

yeah I agree, City Councils should have many more important things to do than regulating female swimwear. What about male swimsuits? The nasty low riding ones? too funny. sheesh! I caught up and saw the bit about your dive certification! How fun! - Patria

Shauna said...

LOL! You're funny. That would be a pretty funny law. Love your blog and your opinions. :)