Sunday, June 29, 2008

More pics from our trip

Our family...one of the few pictures that I am in. Kevin thinks he took some baywatch pics of me on the beach, but I'll keep those for his viewing pleasure. This was at the Broadway on the Beach. It's a tourist trap with lots of places to spend your money. Plenty of fun. :) BTW, Kai is a little upset in this picture because as we were feeding fish below us, he wanted to get a better look by jamming his head between the rails. So, Kevin had to forcibly remove it. No harm done to his head or the rail. :)
We have a few pictures of Cole like this, he'd just decide to relax his reflective white self in the sun. It makes me think back to when he was born and Kevin and I had a conversation that went like this:
Kevin: "It's a boy!"
Stephanie: "It's a boy?!"
Kevin: "Yeah, and he's really white. We're going to have to keep sunscreen on him all the time, maybe even a hat."

And here's our cute little cheeser sitting on a half-buried Kai.
This is Kai and his little friend Wallace. They were in the cabin across the street from ours. They had kids the same ages as Kai, Saydria and Brayden. Kai and Saydria made instant friends with them (Brayden did also, except that theirs was a girl that was his age, and he was already hanging out with his buddy Zane from another camp area). When we took their kids to the night time candy hunt with us, these two little guys were hand in hand going down the hill and just so excited. Well, Wallace tripped on a tree root and Kai helped him up and said, "Are you okay buddy? Can I help you?" It was so sweet. Then, after the hunt, Kai wanted to take Wallace some candy that he had found for him and Wallace replied, "I love you Kai. You are my best friend." And Kai sai, "I love you, too buddy." It was a sweet and sincere exchange between the two of them and I'm glad I got to witness it.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Where did you guys go? What beach were you at? The kids look great! We love going to the beach and miss it a lot. We don't get there as much as we would like, but at least it is a lot closer than when we were in Utah!

Lane family said...

SO FUN! I'm sad we couldn't go! Cole is really white (and blonde) Are you sure he's not mine?! Maybe next year we can go with you before we move... fingers crossed. We are still planning on talking you into D.C. in April.

Adam, Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome vacation....we're jealous! BTW....the picture of your hubby with a half burnt back really cracked me up....OOPS!:0)

My Many Coloured Days said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation! You are such a great looking happy family. I totally laughed at the "white" baby comment! We have one with red hair and freckles that we say the same thing about (though I don't get nearly as dark as you do!) Enjoy your fun summer.

annie valentine said...

Hilarious. You must post the baywatch photos, any woman with four kids who can pull that off deserves some appreciation.